Financial Controller, Group Centre Costs
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Centre comprises Group Finance, Group Risk, Group Internal Audit, Chief Marketing Officer and Group Human Resources.
The Financial Control team acts as a principal point of contact between the Business Partner and Finance Services. This dedicated team is responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate financial and management information in relation to Group Centre business units and to support effective decision making and review
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this role is to support the month end close and ensure the accurate and timely reporting of financial information to key stakeholders.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders across the Group ensuring the delivery of a high quality service and ensuring issues are resolved in an efficient manner.
- Lead a small finance team, ensuring appropriate learning and development. Proactively foster talent and build team competencies.
- Champion process improvement, focussing on the simplification of legacy processes
- Responsible for managing the Group Centre Cost monthly and quarterly close processes ensuring that underlying processes and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice
- Provide meaningful commercial commentaries/reports analysing business unit performance and present to senior stakeholders within the Division and Group.
What is the opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious accountant, who is keen to develop their financial control experience, build on their stakeholder management skills and an opportunity to develop key skills for data analysis and presentation. In addition, this role will provide you with an insight into the core central business functions which fall under the remit of Group Centre.
Qualified accountant with 3 years PQE, or extensive experience gained within a relevant business environment.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability manage competing priorities from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to resolve issues, challenge and make decisions independently within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with others, in a positive and constructive way
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively influence and work collaboratively with key stakeholders
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to plan, co-ordinate and deliver competing priorities to tight reporting deadlines
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Empowers their team to contribute their best and maximise their potential
- Creates a culture of accountability, agility and collaboration
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of SAP general ledger
Customer Focused - People Manager
One Group, one team - People Manager
Agile - People Manager
Accountable - People Manager
Manage Risk - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 27, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.