Managing a team of 5, based in Central Birmingham and covering generalist Accounting responsibilities.
Large, growing Central Birmingham based client looking for a Finance Manager
As the Finance Manager, key responsibilities will consist of the following:
- To lead and support the team to ensure delivery of all reporting and services to clients to agreed deadlines and KPI's. To ensure that all reporting to client is accurate, timely and robust.
- To attend finance meetings to discuss the content of the reports.
- Reviewing and signing off monthly and quarterly reports and supporting schedules and information and assisting with their preparation where necessary.
- Reviewing and approving bank reconciliations and ensuring all are completed within the required timeframe and that all reconciling items are cleared within the required timeframe.
- Management of service charge year ends for the team, ensuring that all year ends are completed within the timeframe and in accordance with the guidelines set by our regulatory body.
- Ensure cash reconciliations are completed within the required timeframe and that risk items are managed
- Act as a coach and mentor to the team and provide best practice advice. Identify development areas for members of team.
The successful candidate will have worked in a comparable role with management experience, ideally from a professional services or similar industry.
25 days holiday, car allowance, progression, private medical, excellent City Centre location.