Audit and Advisory Newly Qualified Accountant - Film & Gaming
Use your accountancy skills to act as a trusted advisor for large firm production and gaming companies based in London and LA.
My client is a people focused firm that has strong values Excellence and Integrity in all that they do and are Enthusiastic and Collegiate in the way they do it. They provide excellent training and development opportunities for employees. They are very proud to have been named as one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for every consecutive year since 2004.
Your clients will include all of the major Hollywood studios, as well as many independent film and television production companies in the US and UK. Also other entities ancillary to film and television production, such as film financiers, post production houses and other service providers. They also act for the major video games publishers and developers.
Aside from the typical audit/accountancy work you might expect, the more specialist work you would be involved in would be as follows:
- Preparation and audit of British film certifications
- Preparation of production expenditure analyses for inclusion in tax returns
- Preparation and audit of production cost reports for both individual productions and co-productions
- Preparation and audit of funding applications and reports
- Preparation of business plans and financial models to reflect varied businesses and opportunities within the film and television industries
- Preparation of valuations for film titles, film libraries, income streams and other intellectual property
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Have a strong audit and accounting background
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm's goals
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way
Stand out position for newly qualified accountant to use their skills as a trusted advisor
Exciting high profile sector
Top 20 firm with supportive culture and a career path for all
Strong work life balance with paid overtime