Management Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper
Working as part of a Finance team of 4. A small company environment, although part of a large international group.
A small-medium sized business, based in offices in the W. Byfleet area with easy access via public transport and free parking provided.
The Management Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper role involves:
Role requires the candidate to have a background and personal leaning towards Budget Preparation (and MBA friendly Management Reporting), although the majority of time will be spent on general accounting controls.
Candidate's experience to include Management Accounting (Budget & Forecast preparation)
Ideally somebody with a CIMA background (i.e. intermediate studier or intermediate/finalist no longer studying) with leanings towards general accountancy or similar ACCA with leanings towards Management Accountancy. Has to be somebody who enjoys their budgeting and spreadsheets.
Annual cycle would include Annual Budget plus two or three Forecasts (i.e. Actual YTD plus projected for balance of year) produced at various points. Our modelling also needs to become more sophisticated in the areas of Storage & Distribution and Financial Costs.
Aspects of Accounting Control to include:
- Monthly work on Inter-Co Balances and Trade figures. Balances and Transactions usually formally agreed Quarterly (and this will continue).
- Warehouse stock counted two/three times a year:
- Any successfully candidate would hopefully assist in reconciling any count to our own records (and identify/resolve/deal with differences).
- Although actual Stock Differences are very rare, we wish to carry out a greater degree of formal checking between Stocktakes (based on warehouse records) on a monthly basis. This offers scope to anybody coming in to come up with their own methodologies and liaise with warehouses about streamlining cross-company procedures.
We could usefully formalise the way we control the outward flow of cash, to mirror Group practices.
It is expected that the appointment of a Management Accountant, will itself create demand for information.
Post holder would need to be able to shadow key book-keeping functions, especially Treasury/Bank (and possibly the preparation of SSD's) - just as a fall-back.
The ideal candidate for the Management Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper will:
- have a strong Management Accounting background (budgetting & Forecasting), and yet be willing and to spend the majority of the time on general accounting controls
- Ideally somebody with a CIMA background (i.e. intermediate studier or intermediate/finalist no longer studying) with leanings towards general accountancy, or an ACCA studier with leanings towards Management Accountancy. ...QBE with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Must enjoy budgeting and spreadsheets.
- Will be happy working as part of a smaller Finance team, and yet part of a global group.
- SAP experience would be advantageous
- Strong excel skills
The Management Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper role offers between £35-40,000 (depending on experience / level of qualification), plus benefits.