Financial Accountant, Retail UK Financial Control Team
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Financial Control acts as a principal point of contact between the Finance Business Partner and Finance Services, takes lead responsibility in ensuring that the control environment around accounting processes is robust and that reporting delivery is timely and to high standards of accuracy.
Bank of Ireland (UK) plc is the largest subsidiary of the Group and is the entity through which the Bank of Ireland Group conducts the majority of its operations in the UK. It forms a significant portion, but not all, of the Retail UK division.
Purpose of the Role
The role holder will gain a good overview of the various businesses and products which the Group has in the UK - including mortgages, commercial lending, credit cards, other personal lending and deposits, as well as the overall treasury operations of the UK plc legal entity. It will give insight into the Key Performance indicators and management information which the Board uses to analyse and manage performance. The successful candidate will work closely with senior members of the UK Finance Business Partnering team as well as the Divisional Financial Controller of Retail UK and the Senior Financial Controller of UK plc.
- Providing the delivery of timely and accurate financial and management information for Retail UK Division to support effective decision making and review - both to BoI Group and BOIUK audiences. A key deliverable is the BOIUK monthly Board pack.
- Act as one of the main point of contacts for Retail UK Division in various regulatory ad hoc requests e.g. NPE, STE, SRB, etc.
- Responsible for the first up review of quarterly Retail UK FINREP returns.
- Act as one of the main point of contacts for half year and year end reporting for Retail UK Division and providing high quality information.
What is the opportunity
- To gain a good overview of the Group's businesses and products in the UK, including mortgages, commercial lending, credit cards, other personal lending and deposits, as well as the overall UK plc legal entity.
- Gain insight into the KPIs and MI which the Board uses to analyse and manage performance.
- Work with senior stakeholders.
Recently qualified or part qualified accountant
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a financial control or MI reporting background is preferable.
- Attention to detail and focus on delivery of high quality outputs is essential, given the stakeholders involved.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure, within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of Excel, SAP R/3and BCS
- Knowledge of accounting and banking sector would be preferable but not essential
Customer Focused - Self
One Group, one team - Self
Agile - Self
Accountable - Self
Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 24, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.