RA Specialities Bitumen Asia Advisor
The Specialities Finance Advisor is key in supporting the Specialities Marketing Team in providing top quartile finance expertise and high-quality business decision support by focusing on Performance Appraisal, Planning/LE processes and commercial advice to support decision-making.
This role has a strong focus on commercial driven analysis that requires a solid understanding of the value drivers of the business and the overall value chain. It will require working closely Business Opportunity managers by framing opportunities, supporting economics and providing advice on deal structure.
The role provides business decision support, monitor and implement appropriate risk responses to governance and business controls, as well as analyze and coordinate the reporting of financial performance to local, regional and global management.
- To support the Cluster / OU in achieving business results by providing commercially minded finance support and challenge, ensuring robust controls are maintained and accurate and relevant management information is provided in timely manner.
- Act as the liaison in all finance related matters in the cluster/OU delivering through various Finance Teams and with other CoB’s (particularly Manufacturing, T&S) ensuring good working relationships with key customers/functions within Shell.
- Ensure appropriate Sales/Customer profitability & by working with Operations define solutions to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Review integrity of financial data ensuring timely and accurate delivery of MI data that is understood, trusted and utilized by the business
- Coordinate the planning process in the cluster/OU ensuring local business, challenging team assumptions, and ensuring targets are stretched
- Support the Finance Manager and Regional General Manager, by providing data, analysis and initiative tracking of growth opportunities.
- Utilize and further improve an effective and efficient suite of tools for planning, tracking and analysis of actual performance, and for providing a latest estimate on business performance based on various forward looking economic scenarios.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to provide robust and comprehensive financial analysis and support for growth projects
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key customers - Business, Legal and Finance (Tax, Treasury, Financial Operations, MI, and Controllers etc.) and partners (Sales and Supply and Operations) to be able to ensure appropriate support and challenge.
- Provide business decision support, monitor and implement appropriate risk responses to governance and business controls, as well as analyze and coordinate the reporting of financial performance to local, regional and global management. Support preparation for audits (External and Internal). More generally- ensure risk/rewards mindset and actions are embedded in the business
- Support to provide monthly commentaries to Latest estimate and fit for purpose action plans. Ensure appropriate action plans are developed and in place to meet the business targets. Conduct post reviews on projects in collaboration with Portfolio team and business.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.