- A hands on Finance Manager position in an established subsidiary
- Looking for candidates with experience both in organisations with very strict reporting deadlines, alongside hands on, wide ranging SME experience
My client is a subsidiary of a multinational, US owned organisation. The parent company has revenues in the billions of dollars annually. The subsidiary is a much smaller organisation with revenues of circa £15m annually.
The organisation are involved in the media sector and are a major player in their industry.
Having recently gone through some changes, they are recruiting a Finance Manager role. There is significant opportunity for this person to improve a lot of processes and implement significant management reporting information.
- Oversee, underwrite and ensure the timely preparation of all financial information - both internal and external
- ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly management accounts pack
- Providing strategic analysis and support to the Directors with regular financial reviews
- Interactively partner with site management team to ensure decision making processes are financially robust and support improved performance
- Ownership of site budgets/forecast/month end
- Lead / participate in profit improvement projects and Gross Margin by Customer reporting
- CAPEX Preparation & Pay back
- Ensure all processes and controls are adhered to, and then develop good SOX controls
- Where possible, harmonise and standardise financial working practices across UK & Ireland
- prepare the statutory accounts in accordance with UK & US GAAP and be the point of contact for the external audit process
- provide various forecasts to Group including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow & Capex
- Ensure that internal controls are complete, robust and effective in order to safeguard company assets
- liaise with corporate monthly payroll team
- ensure the reliability of the data being entered into the job costing system, and comparing actuals back to quotations and driving a lessons learnt culture
- Liaise with Finance Managers at sister sites and Corporate as required
- Lead & participate in improvement projects as required to enhance accuracy and speed of reporting, reviewing profitability and supporting activities to increase margin and reduce cost
The ideal candidate will have worked in an environment with very tight reporting deadlines previously. The American parent company business requires a 3 day turnaround on the month end process, with no allowance made for late submissions. Ideally the candidate will also have hands on experience within a smaller entity & posess the ability to work autonomously in a very wide ranging, hands on position.
- Relevant experience (3-5 years +) in a similar senior role
- Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA/ ACA equivalent)
- Experience in a commercial environment is desirable
- Thorough understanding of internal controls and their implementation
- Ability to motivate and develop a small team
- Ability to drive forward a point of view with senior management
- Experience of consolidation processes and systems
- Demonstrable experience of excellent analytical, numeracy, organisational and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of working to high quality standards with attention to detail
- Demonstrable evidence of information handling ability and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Proficient in MS Packages including highly competent in Microsoft Excel
- Flexible individual willing to take on tasks outside the list above and taking ownership of all assigned tasks
My client has a competitive salary on offer. The organisation also focuses on moving & developing people through all entities so you certainly career progression available. Finance Manager role, Staines, Media industry.