Job Summary: Gursey | Schneider LLP is an 8-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms and a 2018 recipient of Inside Public Accounting’s Top 100 Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 Accounting Rock Stars, and our talented teams consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem solving.
Successful candidates should have the following:
- 3 years of public accounting experience.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum overall and accounting GPAs of 3.2
- Should have completed, or is approaching completion, of CPA examination.
- A solid understanding of audit issues.
- Ability to utilize firm technology to enhance client service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
A day-in-the-life basic overview includes:
- Managing, understanding and assisting with planning multiple audit assignments in several industries.
- Developing an understanding of client's business, and becoming a "functional expert" in the area
- Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements.
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, including managing the budget, planning, executing, directing staff and completing financial statements and audits
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Preparing all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and upper management.
- Utilize proactive, effective communication with management, staff and clients
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
- Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings and conclusions.
- Performs accounting research and tests analytical procedures on financial data.
- Identifies audit issues and proposes strategies to resolve them.
- Communicates status of work and issues with seniors, managers or partners on a timely basis.
- Works with other members of a team on a variety of engagements.
- Develops strong relationships with firm and client personnel.
Something that should be noted: we offer market-leading benefits, and lots of fun, intangible perks (Quarterly Socials, Annual Ski/Camping trips, Catered breakfast, etc.).