Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) – Associate Director
FAAS is the fastest growing department in Grant Thornton. Our team has grown from 12 to 160 over the last 6 years. We are a specialist team who service complex large scale and multinational companies, providing solutions to accounting challenges in global finance functions. Our experienced and multinational team operates across 4 key service lines as per the below;
Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions
Centralised approach to the following services:
- Statutory accounts production
- Conversion from group to local
- Supporting audit file
- Tagging & filing
Audit and Accounting Advisory
- Centralised coordinated non-financial services audits for EMEA and APAC entities through our Centre of Excellence
- Conversion to new accounting frameworks
- Implementation of new accounting standards
- Technical accounting advice on new transactions
Effective Financial Reporting
- Interim/Surge resourcing
- Remediation and review
- Transition management
- PMO Offering
Business Process Outsourcing
- Full or partial process outsourcing including PTP, OTC and RTR
- Payroll coordination
- Process optimisation
- Reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Access to consulting advice for Shared Service Centre setup and implementation
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- Complex clients and group structures;
- Technically demanding;
- Driving efficiency and change;
- Looking for value;
- Want a single point of contact ;
- Sophisticated procurement processes; and
- Often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments.
The candidate will be reporting directly to the directors and partners in the business unit (BU). The candidate should have a strong background in the financial services industry and understand the challenges and trends which affect this sector. The candidate should be experienced in delivering projects regarding the achievement of operational excellence, transition management and remediation. This is a new role and the candidate would be expected to work under their own initiative and help drive the growth in the BU.
1.1 Detailed responsibilities
Business development/operational excellence requirements
The candidate would be expected to contribute to the development of the business as follows:
- Providing input into the design and implementation of the business unit strategy;
- Working with senior team members to determine the products and services to be delivered;
- Helping to identify target market, a specific list of target entities and a go to market plan;
- Improving the financial statement close process through reduction in timelines, or increasing the robustness or quality of the output;
- Introducing new or improved management information through the use of new BI tools or the introduction and monitoring of appropriate KPI's.
This is also a technical role and a deep understanding of the financial reporting and finance functions within various financial services sectors would be expected.
- Strong experience in the preparation of financial statements in asset management and/or banking;
- Experience in a variety of funds types / structures such as mutual funds, UCITs, ICAVs, Private equity, REITs, SPVs an advantage;
- Experience in automated financial reporting packages for asset management an advantage;
- Proficient accountant, with a strong understanding of GAAP/IFRS.
The candidate would be responsible for managing the delivery of a number of engagements and would be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Assist in maintaining and developing key client relationships;
- Assist with the on-shoring or off-shoring of financial reporting and finance related processes.
- Design and implementation of project plans;
- Diagnosis, stabilisation and process redesign arising from a critical business or P&L issues;
- Ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframe;
- Manage a team while on assignment;
- Commercial / business awareness;
- A passion for client service.
Experience, skills and attributes
- Deep knowledge of financial services / asset management industry either directly or through practice;
- Appropriate professional qualification, which may be based in accounting or another appropriate discipline;
- Specific experience of having been part of large scale finance projects in a multinational environment;
- Experience in a top 10 practice;
- 5 - 8 years PQE practical experience of auditing or preparing financial statements;
- Self-motivated and ability to work within a team;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing and excel skills;
- Mature and confident person with excellent interpersonal skills, particularly communication skills;
- A self-starter with an ability to work on their own initiative, but knowing when to seek assistance and work collaboratively;
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for a new challenge.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.