Accounts Payable Officer
An excellent opportunity for an experienced accounts payable professional to have an impact on the success of the department, and Spalding based manufacturing and production business as a whole as the Accounts Payable Officer. Within this roles as Accounts Payable Office you will be responsible for the smooth preparation of processing of payment runs as well as the smooth running of the purchase ledger.
A leading name in the Manufacturing and Production sector who can provide and excellent working environment with great benefits are in need of an Accounts Payable Officer to join their experienced and growing finance function, based from Spalding. With excellent office facilities the successful candidate will be making an excellent career move.
The Accounts Payable Officer will be responsible for:
- Review and verify invoices and cheque requests in both GBP Sterling and Euro
- Sort, code, match, prepare for payment, and file invoices
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Prepare and perform cheque runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis for accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing
The Accounts Payable Officer will be:
- An experienced user of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team mentality and a positive attitude
- Minimum of 2 years' accounts payable experience
- Ideally experienced in a number of finance systems
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Ideally hold industry specific experience
The successful candidate for the Accounts Payable Officer will be joining a recognisable name in the manufacturing and production sector, with this role being based from the Spalding site. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary as well as a wide ranging set of benefits.