The role is a newly created position to support the scientific arm of the business in its quest to be more commercial.
It heads up a team to analyse and improve all business units and streamline processes.
This science and research business based in Teddington is a leading international group of laboratories with over EUR 3.5 billion annual sales and nearly 40,000 employees with a network of 400 laboratories in over 40 countries. They have a network of over 30 sites in the UK and the Group provides an unparalleled range of over 100,000 reliable and validated analytical methods and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.
They recently acquired a new business and you will be joining at a really exciting time of change and growth.
The Finance Manager will be Responsible for:-
- All Management Accounting including reconciliations, and producing monthly P&Ls and balance sheets
- Manage a small team of accountants.
- Year-end statutory accounts including liaison with auditors
- Responsible for Cash Flow Forecasting
- Liaising with Payroll bureau to make sure payroll accounting queries are dealt with and reconciliations are up to date.
- Working with the wider business to forecast and monitor product sales & costs
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, VAT returns and other taxes
- Managing the inter-company process and ensure balances are cleared as quickly as possible.
- Other ad-hoc analysis and business support
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Board pack
- Assist the Head of Finance with ad hoc projects, especially helping to ensure our financial system is working as efficiently as possible.
The Successful Finance manager will be:-
- Qualified CIMA/ACMA accountant with minimum 5 years PQE
- Commercially aware
- Experience in managing a small team
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced excel skills including pivot tables, VLook up etc
- Used to dealing with and interpreting large volumes of data
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels across the organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast moving environment
And will have Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills in:-
- Prior experience of supporting sales/revenue teams
- Experience of change management
- Systems and process implementation
With Behaviours of a:-
- Team player with a proactive and flexible attitude
- Experienced at self-managing and self-motivating
The Finance Manager will receive a basic salary of circa £60,000 plus benefits