Internal Auditor (Global travel 40-50%) @ International NGO
Our partner, a internationally respected NGO, is looking for a highly motivated professional, who has extensive experience in operational auditing as well as riskbased approach to reviews. You will also have experience in developing and overseeing audit strategies, audit plans and programmes, as well as have experienced project management skills and be a professionally qualified auditor or accountant.
1. Internal Audit Responsible for the operation of the internal audit function, using a risk based approach intended to provide adequate assurance over operations.
Supports the Head: Internal Audit in providing the Senior Management Team and the Finance and Audit Committee with information on internal audit and audit follow up actions.
Working with the Head: Internal Audit
- Prepares draft internal audit plans by reference to the risk management framework for approval by the Finance and Audit Committee.
- Maintain an Audit Manual outlining the internal audit protocol and reporting requirements.
- Organises internal audits including drafting terms of reference and liaising with the office / organisation / team being audited.
- Produces internal audit reports including supporting the delivery of management responses within the specified timeframe.
2. Fraud Policy Supports the Head of Internal Audit in response to suspected fraud and other financial concerns.
- Accounting / Internal Audit or other relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIPFA/CIA)
- Proven experience of working as part of the audit function and internal audit
- Experience of supporting investigations in allegations of fraud and other wrong doing
- Proven experience of ensuring compliance with international donor rules and requirements
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience of working in an international organisation, and/or a charity/international NGO
- Additional language skills, particularly French, Spanish or Portuguese
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.