Technical Senior - Risk, Compliance and Professional Standards
Technical Senior - Risk, Compliance & Professional Standards
Due to continued growth we are now recruiting for a Technical Senior.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your accounting and financial reporting knowledge in a supporting role that facilitates your development, both personally and professionally. Working in the Technical Team within the Risk, Compliance & Professional Standards Department, you will be responsible for providing support to the Technical Director on a variety of topics. This is an ideal opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge, increase your experience of the wider role of financial reporting and to work in a highly visible internal role in the firm as it progresses and grows.
Duties and responsibilities
- assisting the technical director with the provision of technical support to staff in areas of UK/IRISH GAAP (FRS 101,102, 105), IFRS, Companies Acts and Auditing Standards, where queries arise;
- preparing technical factsheets for internal and external distribution on technical issues and changes in policies, standards or legislation, highlighting the impact on the firm’s processes and compliance requirements assistance with the organisation, development of content and the delivery of technical training;
- completion of detailed hot reviews on IFRS financial statements for technical accuracy and compliance;
- completion of detailed reviews of financial statements in line with Companies’ Acts and financial reporting standards to continue to improve the quality of financial statements produced
- maintaining the firm’s templates and other standard documentation;
- assistance with coordination of internal quality reviews; providing support to the audit department on a number of new initiatives, including Project LEAP;
- providing ad-hoc technical support to other departments and clients where required;
- providing assistance to risk and compliance functions as and when required to include preparation for regulatory reviews and assistance with regulatory returns;
- working on one-off and recurring projects as and when required; and
- ad hoc support on technical client work where required.
Required skills and experience:
- ACA/ACCA recently qualified;
- strong technical accounting skills and an interest in Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS;
- must be highly motivated with an ability to take ownership for themselves and eager to learn;
- excellent attention to detail;
- strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills including ability to communicate effectively with senior management; and
- excellent team player with an ability to work with cross functional teams.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.