The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Regulatory Reporting Controls & Operations (RRCO) is responsible for Statistical, Liquidity and Capital related regulatory reporting for all licensed business units across the BoI Group.
Purpose of the Role
The Statistical Reporting team, within RRCO, is responsible for the delivery of key Statistical reports to the Group's Regulators & Supervisors within agreed timelines
- Delivery of assigned Statistical Reporting Product and Business Unit processes within agreed timelines that support the delivery of the Statistical returns.
- Maintain and enhance the existing strong governance framework to ensure full compliance with all controls, limits, standards and obligations under Group policies: (i.e. 4 eye control, recs, EUC's):
- Ensure all processes/returns are produced to audit and 'Internal Financial Control (SOx-level)' programme standards;
- Ensure any discrepancies/queries are investigated and explained or escalated when necessary;
- Ensure maintenance of audit ready documentation (Basis of Prep, procedures, issue log, escalation policy, process maps etc.);
- Initiate and support RRCO/Group Finance/Group Treasury input into strategic projects and ad-hoc Regulatory requests such as RRCO Transformation Project, Process Improvement etc.;
- Develop an understanding and working knowledge of all Statistical Returns
- Work collaboratively with the wider RRCO team to consistently deliver solution based approaches which support the achievement of business objectives (timely accurate reporting of Regulatory returns within a high control environment);
- Support Business Continuity processes for liquidity reporting, including BCP desktop and Work Area Recovery testing;
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, to ensure awareness of business strategies and/or initiatives for change that impact Statistical reporting.
What is the opportunity
Gain detailed understanding of the Group Balance Sheet and the business units and product types that make it up.
Become a highly skilled analyst with the ability to understand movements on the Group Balance Sheet and how to investigate for onward reporting to the Central Bank.
Opportunity to work with the wider RRCO Capital and Liquidity teams and gain knowledge of the wider Regulatory agenda.
- Be working towardsa relevant professional qualification part of fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and adept at establishing professional credibility at all levels within the business and across the Group.
- High energy, bias for action, drive for results, strong resilience and focus on execution excellence;
- Ability to think and act from a BoI Group perspective.
- Have at least 1 years Regulatory Reporting/Finance experience, ideally within a Banking environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel)
- Understanding of Balance Sheet management and the wider regulatory environment;
- Strong data manipulation & analysis skills and techniques;
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines;
- Ability to challenge constructively current processes and norms and provide objective insight and solutions to problems.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Ownership and integrity;
- Effective drive and enthusiasm;
- Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act in following instructions and act independently when appropriate;
- Ability to deliver change and improve current processes.
- Customer Focused - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
- Accountable - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 24, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.