Senior Fund Accountant – Private Equity & Real Estate
Senior Fund Accountant – Alternative Fund of Hedge Funds
Are you detail oriented, even when multitasking? Do you know how to resolve problems and increase effectiveness and efficiencies?
We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
- ensure timely and accurate calculation of the Net Asset Value of the funds assigned
- act as main point of contact for your client portfolio
- participate in the valuation process of underlying investments
- oversee and prepare audited and unaudited financial statements, annual reports of administered entities
- providing assistance to complex NAV queries and problems
- making recommendations to improve processes for a more efficient service
You’ll be working in the Alternative NAV Calculation team within Fund Administration in Luxembourg. Our team is in charge of the accuracy of the monthly net asset value and is responsible of all workflows related to these funds. We are working in close collaboration with the respective services at the custodian bank.
Your experience and skills
- a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Proven experience in Fund Accounting experience in Private Equity & Real Estate
- an understanding of Lux GAAP, IFRS, and the consolidation principles
- strong technical and analytical skills
- an good command of Microsoft Excel, VBA is an asset
- knowledge of Investran and/or Enterprise will be considered a plus
- the ability to stay on track, even when dealing with tight deadlines
- eager to solve complex problems with multidisciplinary teams
- detail oriented, with structured, organized, methodical planning skills
- proactive, with strong interpersonal skills (and this noticeable even when under pressure)
- capable of understanding client needs and translating them into solutions
- fluent in English and French
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $122 billion in banking assets
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.