Financial Accountant, Retail Ireland
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Retail Ireland Financial Control team takes lead responsibility in ensuring that financial information is delivered to senior stakeholders across the Division on a timely basis, and to high standards of accuracy. Working closely with the Finance Business Partner team, our role is to ensure there is a continued focus on service excellence by providing commercially insightful analysis of the Division's financial performance.
Purpose of the Role
The Retail Ireland Operations Team consists of two teams, the Income & Funding Team and the Costs & Credit Team. These teams support the Financial Controllers and Senior Financial Controller in providing a key financial control and reporting function for the Bank. This is a permanent role.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- To deliver the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring that the underlying processing, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger;
- To produce high quality financial and management reports and prepare commentary/analysis of the Business Unit performance;
- To review all financial reports and analysis ensuring that the appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances and preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Develop strong relationships with both Group Finance and Retail Business stakeholders ensuring quality delivery of service and ensuring issues are resolved in an efficient manner.
- To support the production of final subsidiary statutory financial statements/regulatory returns.
- To ensure compliance with all Group and Business Unit controls and standards by ensuring all applicable compliance, regulatory and audit policies and guidelines are adhered to;
- To be a flexible team member by sharing knowledge and supporting continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies
- Support Group Finance and Retail Business strategic objectives by providing financial and analytical support for on-going business initiatives and ad-hoc requests as required;
- To take personal responsibility for your own continuous development by broadening and developing your skills and capabilities.
What is the opportunity
This role is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to support a material BU within the Retail division comprising of the retail banking network and direct channels.
- A qualified accountant and / or a part qualified accountant at advanced stage of exams, with relevant Finance experience relevant experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- The ability to work both as part of a team and on an individual basis, ensuring consistent delivery of results.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Accountable - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 21, 2019.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.