Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 25,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
This role creates an opportunity for a proactive, ambitious and commercially aware VAT Compliance Manager in a shared service centre environment within Kerry Business Services.
You will be responsible for managing the VAT needs of the organisation across a wide range of business units across EMEA. We are looking for a strong people manager who can day to day manage the team.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of 7 VAT Analysts
- Keeping abreast of all VAT EU legislative changes, policy developments and jurisprudence
- Providing a clear steer to management on VAT risk and opportunity within the business
- Ensure that the correct Vat rules are applied to all Master data
- Regularly liaising with other VAT resources with a view to identifying and implementing best practice across the group.
- Ensure compliance to specific VAT regulations and requirements in each jurisdiction and advise on any compliance improvements
- Manage and co-ordinate the submission of the VAT returns & other relevant returns for a number of EU Countries
- Liaise closely with the tax authorities, prepare for and assist the EMEA indirect tax Manager in any local VAT audits
- Involvement in specific project related VAT work and shared service rollout to new entities / jurisdictions
- Conduct internal training on all aspects concerning VAT
- Advise on any compliance VAT issues with support from external consultants when required
- Supporting and developing the SSC VAT team to provide best in class service to the Business
- Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve VAT compliance process.
- Perform, and follow up on balance sheet reconciliations and all necessary VAT/accounting reconciliations.
- Professional Tax Qualification
- A self-starter, who is willing to take initiative on new and challenging tasks
- 4 +years' experience of VAT in a professional consultancy environment or within Industry, currently operating at Manager level within Indirect Tax
- Strong Team Management experience
- Technical knowledge of European and Irish VAT legislation
- Good communication skills, an ability to converse with all levels and nationalities
- Absolute discretion and observance of confidentiality requirements
- Good team player
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Must be numerically accurate with a “good eye for detail”, thorough, organized and consistent
- Knowledge of SAP accounting system desirable.
Candidates must hold an EU passport.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.