An exciting opportunity has arisen in the science and research industry for an enthusiastic and progressive finance assistant with a few years of experience of accounts payable and recievable to progress and learn. This finance assistant role is within a team of 5 whereby you will be working alongside one other finance assistant and reporting into the finance manager.
This client is a highly successful medical company based in North London which works closely with large medical centres to research management solutions for certain types of therapy. This company has developed a revolutionary, market-leading solution to various problems in the medical industry and they work globally on these projects.
- Daily processing of purchase invoices, matching to Purchase Orders and coding to ledgers using our Paperless software.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and ensuring accounts are reconciled each month
- Manage the employee's expenses using our WebExpenses software.
- Dealing with all supplier queries
- Raise sales invoices and manage customer database
- Credit control
- Preparation of weekly payment run ensuring payment deadline is met
- Investigation of any unallocated direct debit payments / duplicate entries etc and ensure they are resolved
- Prepare monthly Prepayments and Accruals schedules
- Multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Other ad hoc duties as required by the Finance Manager
The successful Finance Assistant will:
- Have strong analytical skills, with high attention to detail
- Have good Excel skills
- Be able to work independently and take the initiative in solving problems
- Have a solid understanding of basic accounting payable principles, including a good knowledge of VAT
- Have a proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Ideally have experience working in an international environment
- Ideally have experience of using Sage 200
A fantastic role in Finchley offering training and progression in a market-leading company. Full study support, 25 days holiday and free parking are part of the package, alongside an excellent role in a friendly finance team with continued support throughout your career.