A vacancy has arisen in the Finance control team of New Ireland Assurance. New Ireland Assurance is part of the Wealth & Insurance division of Bank of Ireland Group.
New Ireland Assurance is a leading life assurance company in Ireland and provides life assurance, pensions and investment solutions to individual and corporate customers
The Finance department is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic candidate to work in the Financial control team. The role requires strong attention to detail and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
The role involves working with colleagues in the financial reporting and actuarial teams in New Ireland.
- Reconcile account balances with the SAP ledger and ensure that reconciliations are completed and approved within agreed deadlines
- Engage in the control framework process to escalate and resolve any issues with the business and ensure that all user needs are being met via SLA's
- Engage fully with the quarter end and year end valuation process and liaise with Actuarial colleagues and external auditors when queries arise
- Implement procedures and controls to ensure that accounting records are accurate and the Internal financial control requirements are met at all times
- Maintain good relationships with Customer Service teams and assisting resolving Finance issues
What is the opportunity
This position offers an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to develop a career in accounting or to gain financial experience.
- 3rd level qualification
- Pursuing or intending to pursue a career in accounting
Essential Skills & Experience
- Highly organised approach to work
- Attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability work as part of a results focused team
- Ability to take responsibility for producing high quality work
- Strong numeric ability and IT skills (Excel)
- Knowledge of Compass / AS400 and SAP would be an advantage
- Accountable - Self
- Customer Focussed - Self
- Agile - Self
- One Group, One Team - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 20, 2019.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.