This is an exciting opportunity for a credit manager to join a nationwide business, manage a large team and get the opportunity to travel.
Page are proud to represent this large and growing produce company with an exciting opportunity for a Credit manager to join the London team. This role requires travel and a can do attitude.
The key responsibilities are:
- Managing and motivating a team of 12 credit controllers within various sites
- Ensuring payments are received to agreed terms so that cash collection and overdue targets are achieved
- Conducting regular debtor reviews to ensure consistent standards are achieved and credit control procedures are adhered to
- Work within the terms of the Group Credit Insurance Policy to keep exposure to an agreed level
- Regular meetings with the Sales and Customer Service to discuss key accounts
- Support and encourage the Credit Control Teams to hit cash targets
- Query resolution when escalated by credit controller/supervisor
- Process & System improvements & implementations
- Monitor workload of credit controllers
- Monthly reporting of aged debt and potential bad debt to Group Head of Credit
- Assisting Group Head of Credit and Group Risk Manager where required
- Be the first point of escalation for the Credit Control Team and internal customers
- Certain amount of travel to other sites within the South East/West of England to visit credit control teams
The successful candidate will need the following:
- Commercial awareness and a positive approach to building good working relationships with staff and customers alike
- Strong track record of dealing with a high volume transactions
- CICM or qualified by experience
- Clear decision making
- A high level of numeracy and accuracy
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- ERP's such as Oracle & SAP & system changes / upgrades
- Experience managing a large team
- Work well with Accountancy team
- The ability to manage own workload, prioritise tasks, direct work and drive results
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Required - drivers licence and car due to travel between offices
The Credit Manager will be offered a competitive salary and have access to a benefits package.
Please read the full description before applying!