Senior Finance Officer (AR)
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the accurate and timely oversight of a range of financial processes in accordance with the charities financial procedures and controls. The role will be largely centred around the Sales Ledger.
My client are a social enterprise that empowers people to break the cycle of crime or addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years they have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. They believe that anyone is capable of lasting change and their services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
- Senior responsibility to ensure income processing activity is completed accurately and on a timely basis
- Responsibility for the production of sales invoices as required and managing credit control
- Maintaining the sales side of cashbook entries - recording and allocating customer payments as appropriate
- Responsibility for maintaining and reconciling the sales ledger
- Responsibility for overseeing all credit card expenditure, ensuring that credit card transactions processes and information are recorded accurately and in a timely fashion
- Providing cover and assisting Finance Officers, including processing of purchase invoices, production of weekly payment runs, dealing with supplier queries and processing income as required
- To assist with the annual audit
The Successful candidate will:
- Have a high level of communication skills written and verbal to foster partnerships and motivate others, and appropriately represent the organisation
- Have experience using Sage Line 200 or a similar accounting package
- Work well as part of a team, but can work autonomously and take responsibility; must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Be able to manage workloads and prioritise tasks effectively
- Preferably AAT and hold a degree in a finance related degree
On offer to the successful candidate will be a 12-month fixed-term contract working for a great organisation and a supportive team as well as receive a highly competitive starting salary.