Corporate Accounting Manager
Team up with one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry, Apple. Join our Finance team and make an impact on the company known for its impressive lineup including iPhone, Mac, iPad, Apple Watch and iTunes. At Apple, you’ll share in our dedication to excellence and partner with world-class leaders, all with one unified vision—creating innovative products that surprise and delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation,” and we do this by hiring well-rounded top-quality individuals with integrity and accountability. Teamwork, innovation and proactive thinking are core values. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today.
You will work with worldwide finance and business teams, providing accounting guidance on complex issues. The Corporate Accounting team partners closely with our creative and cutting-edge operations, manufacturing and sales teams to ensure they are provided with top-notch accounting guidance to drive the business forward. You will have the opportunity to advise on a broad range of business issues and continually improve our financial and operational processes.
You will be responsible for the preparation and filing of consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS and Irish Company Law and will support the independent auditor’s annual audit process. You will manage the interpretation, implementation and reporting of complex accounting issues and new accounting pronouncements. You will be a dedicated self-starter, have fanatical attention to detail, possess strong analytical and financial reporting skills, have strong written communications skills, and be a capable manager who can work in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Qualified Accountant
- SAP expertise, ideally with experience in the BPC consolidation system
- Strong financial reporting and technical accounting skills, including working knowledge of IFRS and Irish Company Law reporting requirements
- Ability to explain concepts and articulate your expert opinion at all levels within Apple
- Experience with technical research and analysis in IFRS & US GAAP accounting matters, including revenue recognition, manufacturing, warranties and inventory
- Strong documentation skills—clear, concise, detailed and accurate
- Ability to build relationships and work directly with senior executives
- 6+ years of relevant work experience from Big 4 and/or large public companies
- Critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and consider alternative approaches
- Lifelong learner who is passionate about their subject matter expertise and emerging trends
- Consolidation of 90+ entities within SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (‘BPC’)
- Lead various key processes and deliverables to senior management, including financial reporting analysis and financial sub-certifications
- Monitor, research and interpret new IFRS accounting requirements and assess the impact on the Company’s financial reporting
- Continually focus on driving standard methodologies and process improvements across Corporate Accounting
- You will perform technical research on complex IFRS and US GAAP matters and effectively communicate accounting issues to business partners, ensuring that relevant accounting issues are identified, debated, resolved and documented
- Review contractual arrangements with business partners to ensure proper accounting
- Support cross-functional implementation of new accounting standards, serving as the accounting subject matter expert on IFRS
- Prepare accounting memoranda supporting complex transactions
- Establish, document and educate others on Apple-wide accounting policies
- Support Apple-wide educational efforts on accounting and finance related topics
Education & Experience
- Qualified Accountant
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.