A Project Accountant position for a global development consultancy business in London. The Project Accountant will play a key role in the budgeting and forecasting process of the business' projects and analysing their profitability.
My client is a growing global development consultancy business based in London.
The key responsibilities of this Project Accountant position include:
- Provide financial support for large bids within the portfolio, costing proposals, compiling budgets, budget narratives and acting as the single point of contact for any financial queries; ensuring commercial viability and maximising gross profitability for the business.
- Ensuring proposals are budgeted in compliance with sponsor guidelines and criteria
- Review the sales pipeline and work with the Business Development team to increase accuracy.
- Work closely with financial and project colleagues in supporting Project Managers by providing timely and accurate financial information and guidance as necessary.
- Provide timely, accurate and meaningful management and project accounting and ad-hoc information to the Project Managers and Directors.
- Ensure month end reporting deadlines are met for financial and project reporting.
- Ensure invoicing schedules are up-to-date and invoices are raised as per contract to maximise cash benefits.
- Systems review: review and improve project accounting systems, payment order and authorisation systems, invoicing, expenses and reconciliation.
The successful candidate for this Project Accountant position will display the following:
- Part-Qualified accountant ACCA/CIMA/ACA with significant experience.
- Strong IT skills, with an ability to implement new technologies across the business.
- Proficient with Xero, Sage, Receiptbank is desirable
- An interest in International Relations and global development.
- Organised, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
This position provides career progression, a competitive salary with study support included, the chance to travel and the chance to join a fast growing business which plays a role in making positive change in the world.