Analyst, Transfer Agency (Dealing) - Graduate Role
About The Department:
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, finance and investor services. Transfer Agency is a growing department based over 4 locations Limerick, Dublin, India and Pune. It’s a fast paced environment offering all partners excellent opportunities to grow their careers.
About The Role:
Responsible for the day to day work within the Dealing team, ensuring that regulatory and management company requirements are met. The department is responsible for client and investor document management, processing and quality checking of transactions and updating the registers of our clients’ funds in response to investor instructions.
Why choose this opportunity within the Registration Team?
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to join a fast paced team within a growing company, The partner will be exposed to many teams and departments within Northern Trust while all the time expanding your Transfer Agency knowledge. The team aims to provide new joiners with a good support network facilitating a smooth integration to the team.
- Day to day processing work, quality checks and assurance.
- Day to day oversight of processing quality and timeliness in India, seeking appropriate information from local management there where required
- Escalation point for unresolved issues to the India TA team.
- Day to day client reporting - Prediction reports, cash reports
- Workflow queue management and analysis
- Procedure maintenance following the change control process
- Compliance with regulations and attainment of client specific processing requirements
- Maintains a close working relationship with other areas, such as New Business, ICM and other internal areas such as the Relationship Managers.
- To work with the team, internal departments and group projects area on any allocated projects.
- Comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- Observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- Ensuring that KPIs are achieved in order to keep ASLs to a minimum.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
- Prior fund administration experience within Transfer Agency would be an advantage
- A good understanding of effective risk management
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Good keyboard skills to include MS Excel and ability to learn systems used -within the business
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Customer Service experience
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.