Full Charge Bookkeeper to Tax Department (Internal)
About Bader Martin
As a leading Northwest CPA firm, we're known for our outstanding technical expertise, strong relationships with clients and colleagues, and passion for the work. Founded more than 25 years ago, Bader Martin provides tax, audit and accounting services in the Puget Sound area. We currently employ over 100 professionals who are deeply committed to providing outstanding value added client service.
We’re located in the heart of downtown Seattle — minutes from world class cultural, sports, and recreational events and an eclectic mix of restaurants and shops. The office attire is business casual, and the atmosphere is friendly and collaborative
Bader Martin handles tax and consulting matters for high net worth individuals and businesses, as part of our tax team you will be responsible for handling the bookkeeping and accounting aspects of our tax work, assisting as part of our tax department processes.
Duties include preparing and utilizing client and third party information for use in tax compliance and prepared financial statements such as:
- Reconciling accounts for entities and investment partnerships to assist with tax compliance
- Prepared financial statement preparation
- Fiduciary accounting
- Completing journal entries and adjustments
- Accounting for inter-entity transactions
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual (as needed) reports for the tax department
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records
- Preparing financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements
- Bank reconciliation
- Preparing trial balances for import into our trial balance software
- Keeping up with bookkeeping for clients throughout the year
- Fixed asset tracking and reconciliation
- Bill pay services for clients (back-up)
- Additional tasks or projects as needed
To be a strong candidate for this position you must have a strong knowledge of accounting principles, QuickBooks (online & desktop) and be able to learn new accounting software with relative ease. You should have a positive attitude, be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working as a bookkeeper, preferably at a public accounting firm
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles
- Bachelor’s degree, accounting certification and/or bookkeeping experience
- Solid knowledge of Quick Books online and desktop; Outlook and Excel
- Ability to learn new computer programs with relative ease
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- The candidate must take the initiative to detect problems and ask questions
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong appreciation for the importance of investment structures and the maintenance of their books and records
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
For this position must be able to pass our bookkeeping test as part of the interview process as well as a criminal background check.
- Overtime and Saturday hours may be required during part of our busy season, which starts in February and lasts through April 15th. Other times of peak work load may also be possible.
- Work from home technology is available for occasional work from home days. More formal alternative work arrangements and remote working opportunities may be possible after six months based on performance and ability to adhere to other alternative workplace policy requirements.
Out of state candidates must make themselves available to interview in person.