Financial Controller, Professional
The Internal Reporting Group within Corporate Accounting is seeking a candidate to administer the PeopleSoft General Ledger configuration maintenance process and assist with additional monthly Internal Reporting responsibilities. Candidate should possess an understanding of general ledger accounting systems and reporting practices, preferably in a PeopleSoft environment. Candidate should have an accounting or finance background, strong analytical skills, be highly organized and detail–oriented and possess strong written and oral communication skills along with the ability to interact and work effectively with all levels of management within and across departments. Candidate must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and to work independently.
- Administer the PeopleSoft General Ledger configuration maintenance process, including:
- Analyze configuration requests (e.g. new accounts)
- Research supporting documentation provided by the business areas
- Evaluate any related accounting guidance
- Communicate with the business area to assess financial reporting impacts, assist with the execution of SOX controls, and ensure proper configuration in the General Ledger.
- Be able to understand, identify and evaluate different configuration options, recommend solutions, and present to managers.
- Maintain supporting documents for configuration requests and post–configuration review
- Assist with producing monthly financial statements and core tables for internal and external reporting purposes. Includes disclosures for the10–K and 10–Q, and the Monthly Volume Summary.
- Monitor and manage the team?s shared email box and respond to inquiries.
- Maintain configuration log for tracking requests and presentation at weekly Change Control Board meeting.
- Assist with producing monthly and quarterly financial reports provided to our regulator, FHFA (Call Reports).
- Assist with the monthly Account Reconciliation Management Reporting (ARMR) process.
- Assist in the change management process for updating and maintaining PeopleSoft nVision layouts used to generate financial reports, including reviewing requirements and design documents, requesting changes to PeopleSoft nVision layouts and reviewing results of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Creating quarterly and semi–annual General Ledger monitoring reports.
- Participate on project teams to implement/modify Corporate Accounting?s financial systems.
- Support control work by updating flows and narratives and facilitating third–party testing.
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or Finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant accounting and General Ledger experience
- Strong ability to manage multiple efforts simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including vlookups and pivot tables
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Strong interest in developing accounting and reporting trends
- Superior analytical skills
- Drive for Execution – Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Customer Focus (Internal and External) – Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Hyperion, or similar general ledger application for large organizations
- CPA or CFA candidate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and management on both the business and IT sides.
- Understanding of the secondary mortgage industry, experience with Freddie Mac and/or Fannie Mae is desirable.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, as well as taking ownership for individual assignments and work independently