Purpose of role:
The role will be varied encompassing all aspects of Financial Planning and Analysis with the successful candidate playing a key role in the delivery of the group budgeting, forecasting and commercial partnering processes.
- Working closely with the FP&A Manager to develop and successfully deliver the group-wide budgeting and in-year forecasting process
- Responsibilities include development, maintenance, governance, testing, troubleshooting, and process control functions required to support the enterprise wide financial planning and analysis environment on a daily basis.
- Provide system development and improvements to streamline, standardize and automate the planning processes; take ownership of maintaining and managing applications and processes once set in place
- Collate and validate information, examining inputs and outputs, providing summary reports to enable review. Analysis to enable understanding of key performance drivers across key financial metrics and statements (i.e. P&L, Cashflow, Balance Sheet)
- Responsible for Budget/Forecast maintenance and loads across all P&L areas; i.e. sales, margin, operating costs.
- Work with FP&A, Business Intelligence and Financial Reporting in development of capabilities to enable submission of Budgets/Forecasts to ABF using the Controller system
- Deliver planned system and reporting improvements including upgrades of Cognos capability and delivery to the business
- Creating and managing the periodic cost centre reporting outputs on behalf of the Commercial Finance team, developing and improving the reporting to add value and insight.
- Creating insightful Reporting outputs during the Budgeting/Forecasting cycle covering key metrics on P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow.
- Critical analysis and presentation of the various budget and forecast submissions.
- Support wider FP&A team with adhoc analysis where required.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent)
- 2+ years relevant post qualification experience in FP&A, Commercial Finance, or related field
- Strong systems skills with excellent excel and power point skills
- Strong financial modelling skills with exposure to business case development
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate at all levels
- Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- A working knowledge of retail would be preferable
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be commercially focused
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen
- Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships across the team and cross functionally
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.