Internal Audit Manager
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service. Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community. A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The Internal Audit Manager assists in managing the risk based audit plan so that the audit work fulfills its purposes and the audit work con¬forms to internal standards and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. The role offers a unique opportunity to work with a broad scope in a small, global team, where the participation and value-add from each member is key to the success of the Group Internal Audit function.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Reports directly to the Business Partner Internal Audit Banking division and keeps him up-to-date with emerging issues, audit progress and resourcing information;
- Foster risk and control awareness across the organization by working with management and second line of defense functions;
- Responsible for planning, managing and executing multiple types of operational audits, ranging from process audits to project reviews and specific regulatory reviews, in order to assist in delivering the risk based audit plan.
- Assist in planning and developing scope, audit program, and appropriate procedures for each audit in accordance with departmental guidelines, IIA Standards, and relevant laws and regulations;
- Manage, conduct and participate in audits including responsibility for workpaper review, identification of risks/audit issues, report preparation, and escalation of relevant matters identified in the audit process to management and GIA management;
- Demonstrate capacity for effective decision making and drawing reasonable conclusions;
- Demonstrate comprehension and ability to evaluate existing policies and procedures and identify controls.
- Perform audit procedures to test the effectiveness of the controls;
- Maintain expertise and pursue training to keep abreast of new and proposed developments in the Auditing field and consider the impact on the company through various industry organizations including the IIA;
- Provide direction, guidance and motivation to staff including goal setting and appraisals.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant Audit experience in a similar internal audit position, preferably in a banking institution / Big 4 in an international environment;
- Certified auditor qualification required (e.g. CPA, CIA, or CA)
- Experience with auditing business processes based on a risk-based approach;
- Auditing skills in the area of KYC (Know Your Client) / AML (Anti-Money Laundering) will be a distinct advantage;
- Experience with relevant regulations from the CBI (Central Bank of Ireland);
- Preferably knowledge of project management methodologies and audit thereof;
- Knowledge of modern internal audit best practice and methods;
- Affinity with Governance, Risk and Compliance related issues;
- Experience in auditing in an international multi-location environment would be a significant advantage.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a global team with other auditors in multiple locations.
- Excellent report writing skills, with the ability to convey technical items to a non-technical audience.
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence
- A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.