Financial Controller Part-Time
PART TIME (25–28 HOUR WEEK)
- The primary responsibility of the Financial Controller is to manage the Finance function.
- The Finance function includes the broad spectrum of financial activities that you would expect to find within a small but highly influential entity.
- The individual will be responsible for managing one full–time member of staff and an intern for six months covering the peak period of activity (budgets, year–end and member renewal invoicing).
- The role is part–time and will report to the part–time Finance Director, who is also responsible for other departments. The position involves working 5 hours per day in our central London office, although we are open to discussing alternative flexible arrangements.
- Prepare annual consolidated financial statements in conjunction with the Finance Director. Liaising with the external auditors and ensuring that all recommendations and issues are dealt with promptly.
- Produce monthly management accounts and provide insights on the underlying reasons for performance variances and appropriate recommendations on potential course corrections.
- Conduct quarterly reforecasting and annual budget exercises to provide management with a clear view of the expected future financial results and prepare information to facilitate consequent decision making.
- Manage the credit control function. Work with the CEO to confirm renewal fees, issue invoices, and manage the receipt of payments, including the production of regular aged debtor reports.
- Manage the accounts payable function, ensuring invoices received are properly recorded and appropriate authorisations are obtained and that regular payments are made to suppliers.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and monitor day to day banking activities to ensure that the company's significant cash resources are managed to ensure that an appropriate balance is retained in the current account to meet short–term trading requirements.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register and appropriately account for expenditure from the multi–million–pound project to refurbish the recently acquired office building in Tower Street, WC2 that will become our new head office in 2020.
- Produce regular returns to HMRC for VAT etc.
- Manage the Microsoft NAV finance system.
- Ensure that the policies relating to finance matters are fully adhered to.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A proven track record as a finance executive in a not for profit, trade association, or consulting firm would be helpful.
- Experience at developing, implementing and monitoring financial accounting and related systems; directing the collection of financial and accounting information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts and consolidated profit & loss and balance sheet reports.
- Strong technical competence in financial control – including areas of VAT and taxation, purchasing, credit policy and cash flow, costing and expense control and audits.
- A high–level of competency in Excel is required and an understanding of the NAV ERP system is desirable.
- The ability to contribute to the setting of financial policies and recommendations as well as ensuring that these are complied with throughout the business.
- Experience of recruiting, managing and training a member of staff.
- Appropriate qualifications in Finance and Accounting. ACA/ACCA qualified or finalist.