Treasury Trade Finance Analyst
The Main responsibilities of the role are:
• Manage and own the letter of credit process within the treasury team. This will be done working closely with internal departments, banks, and suppliers:
• M onitoring and analysing the groups financial exposure with counterparts to ensure the utilisation of available open lines is optimized
• N egotiating formats, preparation and issuance of import and validation of export Letter of Credits
• S econdary validation of cargo invoices prior payment processing by the back office
• A rrange documentary collections and follow the flow of original documentation
• T rade finance related cost control
• Identifying and initiating open credit negotiations with targeted counterparts to reduce the credit facility utilisation, transactional costs and associated trade finance workflow.
• M aintain a current record of letter of credit ensuring this is accurate and ties back to the position reported by the issuing banks.
• Liaising with cash management function to forecast letter of credit lines utilisation and cash requirements
• Generate and analyse reporting on trade finance and settlements activities
• Facilitate work process improvements through idea generation, applying knowledge.