This role deals mainly with the financial management and reporting for the Operational Managers.
You will develop a close network within the business and you will illustrate the role played by each depot in the financial success of the business.
My client is a leading logistics and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. They work in diverse industry sectors such as defence and retail
- Business Partnering the operational leadership team to deliver a specialist service.
- Inspiring and developing financial best practice.
- Producing insight to drive improved financial performance.
- Ensuring the maintenance of financial records and supporting monthly reconciliations. Investigate, analyse and explain significant variances to operational costs, weekly
- To ensure the production of reports as required by the operational business including weekly detailed trading reports.
- Supporting with the monthly and year end accounts, to ensure they are closed accurately and on time.
- Planning for and preparing operational budgets - monitoring and reporting monthly.
- Liaising with the Customer Service Unit so as to understand the financial implications of each client relationship.
- Continuous improvement of central and local reporting processes and procedures, which support robust business decision making.
- A qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA) or Part-qualified working towards your qualification
- Experience in a financial leadership role
- Experience of supporting a field based operational business
- Detailed and up to date knowledge of good financial practice
- Experience of working in the transport or haulage industry
- Good oral and written communication skills which are effective and persuasive
- Robust influencing skills
- Experience of successful negotiation
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise work ensuring all reasonable deadlines are met
- Graduate calibre or relevant experience
- 6 month FTC with a highly regarded large organisation
- Immediate start