Senior Manager -Revenue Accounting
Description of Role:
This role reports to the Director of Revenue Accounting located in the USA.
NetApp is the leading independent data storage company and the data authority in the Hybrid cloud. We’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches. Join us, and we’ll help you do your best work. For 13 years in a row, we’ve been one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Revenue accounting is responsible for supporting the recording, reporting and disclosures of NetApp’s $6 Billion in revenue. The team impacts all revenue – from the accurate processing of monthly billings to the structuring of multi-million dollar licensing deals.
The revenue accounting team is looking for a Revenue Operations Senior Manager to lead its Bangalore Center of Excellence. The successful candidate will manage a team of Revenue Accountants located in Bangalore, providing review of assignments, coaching on process improvements and leadership in all aspects of the India team’s work. The Senior Manager will interface closely with the Director of Revenue Accounting, the Senior Manager Revenue Operations in America, as well as our technical revenue team and other senior leaders within NetApp’s CFO organization– including IT, Order Management and Accounts Receivable.
- Lead India Revenue Operations team
- Coach team on their roles in the revenue close and day to day revenue operations
- Review the work of the team and ensure it is maintained at a high quality. Guide team in providing insights to balances and reconciliations.
- Bring the perspective on whether balances and values are as expected and correct
- Ensure NetApp close cycle is achieved and that reporting is accurate
- Drive process improvements to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of NetApp’s revenue operations
- Work with Peer in America Revenue Operations
- Ensure optimum workload split between Americas and India teams to enable NetApp to close and report effectively and accurately
- Team to resolve issues, implement changes to processes and ensure clear responsibility for each area of responsibility
- Coordination and preparation of the monthly and quarterly reporting packages and financial statement disclosures
- Work with Stakeholders
- Be a key point of contact, and ensure successful outcomes, with SOX team, External and Internal Audit.
- Work with teams that are adjacent to revenue – including Order Management, Accounts Receivable, IT, Sales, Professional Services, Support and Legal to cover system hand offs and business outcomes.
- Drive change and transformation
- NetApp continues to be at the forefront of optimizing our leverage of IT tools and processes. Pursue opportunities to optimize the use of Robotic Process Automation, Revenue and ERP systems and AI
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or MBA
- ACCA member/Chartered Accountant Preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, especially revenue accounting guidance under (ASC 605/606)
- Demonstrated systems experience with RevPro (Preferred) and Oracle (Preferred)
- Strong Leadership skills – able to develop the team while improving processes.
- Strong accounting management skills – able to review the team’s work to ensure high quality work product and accurate close.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time. Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary. Demonstrated ability to influence and partner with both the Revenue Team and business colleagues throughout the organization.
BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience. 10+ years -- plus add additional experience requirements needed if you were to fill an open requisition, i.e., knowledge, skills, and abilities.
ACCA Member with 10 years of experience.