Tax Manager (Global Tax Center)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Global Tax Center is a component of the BHGE Tax organisation. The Tax Team in the Center provides Tax services to the legal entities operated by BHGE across the world in partnership with the controllership, Product Company and corporate tax teams. Services scope include US and local GAAP tax accounting, preparing tax returns and work papers (CIT, VAT/GST, WHT, Local Taxes, and TP reporting), organizing tax payments and reconciliations, providing support and responses for tax audits, and supporting projects.
- Liaise with local corporate tax teams with regard to the tax lifecycle and be the interface with finance, auditors and corporate tax
- Review and approve the quarterly/annual tax provision for entities assigned and FIN 48 analysis
- Assist with SOX compliance and controls over taxes
- Review the tax account reconciliations and ensure that the tax balances are supported with work papers
- Review tax returns and payments prepared by analysts for entities assigned
- Provide audit support and review responses prepared by analysts
- Review tax disclosures in audited financial statements and interface with Controllership and Auditors as needed on queries
- Manage and ensure that all legal entities meet filing obligations on timely & accurate basis. Review filing tracker and other tax tools to ensure they are updated timely
- Provide active and ongoing advice and support to the various Tax Teams
- Support the Center on ad-hoc projects or those Sr Manager advises
- Drive training and education for tax personnel
- Develop and implement robust tax processes and procedures
Essential Qualifications/ Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Minimum of 5 years work experience of CIT in large multinational/ Big 4 or Shared Service Center (knowledge of other taxes is a plus)
- Strong expertise in direct tax processes and compliance
- Good analytical, organization and communication skills. Ability to technically discuss tax issues with Controllership, Product Company, Corporate Tax and auditors
- Management skills to review work of others and lead workflows
- Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Access
- Experienced with accounting and tax systems; Oracle, SAP, OneSource is an advantage
Locations: Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.