Team Manager - Credit Management
The Credit Management process in Finance Operations (FO) aims to provide reliable, consistent and professional services of credit assessment, debt collection, debt recovery and account receivables for Shell. Overall, this process aims to improve working capital by minimizing bad debt, reducing overdue amounts and balancing credit risk with business opportunities. It is imperative that Credit maintains proximity to business strategies and being instrumental in deployment of fit for purpose Credit e2e process in accordance to the changing needs of Shell businesses. The East Credit Operations team in Finance Operations operates out of 3 main hubs in KL, Manila and Chennai, we manage over 60K customers with credit exposure over US$5b across various businesses.
This Credit Team Manager will lead credit operations for assigned East country/market in delivering effective credit management for businesses and providing value-add support for relevant business growth agenda, as well as developing and sustaining world class operational excellence alongside capabilities fit for future. This role works closely with the East Credit Leadership Team (both DS Credit and FO Credit), Finance in Business as well as stakeholders in DS business/functions to achieve targeted outcomes
- Deliver operational excellence leveraging on impactful and visible process metrics and productivity measures, complimented by robust business continuity strategy. Embed structured ways of working and fit-for-purpose monitoring mechanism enabling timely intervention.
- Build strong connection and working relationship with key stakeholders focusing in enabling effective collaboration to achieve business and organizational objectives.
- Role model and cultivate CI behaviors; drive standardization, simplification and end-to-end streamlining of processes. Ensure quality and timely delivery of CI opportunities.
- Ensure compliance to applicable governance of risks, flawless execution of controls and compliance initiatives and best in class control performance. Support any audit and investigative review of the assigned market(s).
- Embed Learning from Incidents, best practice/knowledge sharing within and across teams supported by comprehensive root causes analysis and sustainable solutions implementation. Ensure proactive management and timely resolution of issues/incidents.
- Ensure sensible adherence to the fundamentals of standard accounting principles, policies and standards.
- Deliver global or regional mandated change agenda and projects, including local activities. Ensure stakeholders requirements are understood and aligned.
- Embed Process Capabilities agenda and deliver Knowledge Management Standards. Develop greater understanding of business/market(s) and equip staff with required competences. Ensure process documentation including WIs are updated and retained.
- Maintain optimal organization structure and consistently deliver quality performance within budget
- Establish and maintain an office environment supportive of diversity and inclusiveness
- Support and create a safe environment and sustainable working
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.