Upstream Finance Accountant
The role of the Reporting and Analysis (R&A) Upstream Finance Accountant is to ensure that all reporting activities & responsibilities of his/her team are performed in an effective, controlled and efficient manner, and also to provide dedicated leadership and supervisory support to a particular Area of Operation (AoO) which they are assigned to. In addition, the R&A Upstream Finance Accountant will also be required to specifically lead the clean-up of Exploration JVs and Balance Sheet through effective collaboration with relevant technical experts (Business Finance, Controllers etc.) across the organization
- Work with influencing and guiding indirect team members in achievement of all functional responsibilities and participate in issue resolution.
- Assist Senior Team Managers manage workload resourcing, multiple demands, and competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining the quality and integrity of data on a sustainable basis.
- Lead and work as a team by influencing indirect team members to manage operational deliveries with common objectives
- Assist and help supervision of work of team deliverables
- Undertake the project of cleaning up Exploration JVs and Balance Sheet, jointly working with existing team members
- Developing and sustaining knowledge retention
- Support Key Shell Group Initiatives
- Support and implement Global initiatives
- Ensure all strategic, managerial and operational metrics targets are delivered
- Control ownership and maintenance of robust Controls framework
- Keeps abreast of accounting and business developments as well as business performance drivers
- Demonstrates full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviors.
- To liaise with business partners (asset team, other finance functions, onshore business support, Controllers) to produce effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Manage Group Reporting and Management Information (BPR) requirements and support Project Management.
- Manage Internal Audit and External Audit (EY) requirements and support
- Collaborate with technical experts in Controllers, Asset, Business Finance, Tax, Treasury etc. which in turn translates to effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Actively problem solves, understanding the big picture, planning their work and working as part of the Finance team.
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Promote continuous improvement environment.
- Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost effective manner while achieving the business objective.
- Australia (Key portfolio for Integrated Gas portfolio) with dynamics of combination multiple Shell Operated and Non-Operated Ventures and end to end business, one of which is Shell’s first floating Liquidified Natural Gas asset in the world and first operated asset in Australia for Shell.
- Supports Group Reporting, Controllers and Finance Managers in their work for the entity and country you support.
- Support various stakeholders within Finance Operations (inside and outside R&A), Group Reporting as well as various class of business.
- Support the Exploration business in JV and Balance Sheet clean up and working closely with the Exploration Analyst and teams.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.