Director – RiskIntegrityTM IFRS 17 Accounting Subject Matter Expert
Moody’s Analytics (MA) is the leading risk management consulting company and combines deep industry expertise with unique enterprise risk management software and analytics. The company provides software, services and information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries.
Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context.
The ERS Division is composed of experienced consultants working with, and drawing upon, the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data, software and market experience.
The successful candidate will join our growing line of business responsible for products and services that we deliver to the insurance industry. Over the last 12 years, Moody’s Analytics has been developing award-winning solutions and has a large global client footprint in this insurance market segment.
IFRS 17 will have major implications on the way in which many insurance companies will report and manage their business and is a primary initiative for us. We are investing heavily and hiring new people for another success story, Risk Integrity IFRS 17, our standalone reporting tool, that is being created to meet the associated needs of life insurers, general insurers and reinsurers around the globe.
The successful candidate will be appointed as a Director RiskIntegrity IFRS 17 Accounting Subject Matter Expert (SME), a key member of the wider RiskIntegrity IFRS 17 Product Manager family. The successful candidate will have strong insurance accounting skills and knowledge, and can look forward to being challenged in wider ways offered by us as a software vendor.
This is a role which requires technical accounting skill, innovation, drive and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Working within a team of multi-skilled SMEs to interpret the new standard, the successful candidate will apply his/her deep insurance accounting understanding and knowledge of reporting practices, to both shape and then deliver RiskIntegrity IFRS 17.
The role has a significant client facing aspect and will see you interacting with our overseas colleagues on a daily basis.
Whilst existing knowledge of IFRS 17 is preferred, MA is committed to recruiting high calibre staff, and is willing to provide training on IFRS 17 if required.
Occasional travel will be required within Europe, with possible travel to the wider EMEA and APAC regions to meet with clients, consultants and internal teams.
The position presents a great opportunity for highly motivated individuals with to join a highly visible growth initiative with a leading company in the market and to build a highly detailed knowledge of the new reporting IFRS.
Role & Responsibilities
As one of our knowledgeable and informed accounting SMEs, your role will focus around:
- Supporting Risk Integrity IFRS 17 Development Activities (c70%)
- Working closely with the lead IFRS 17 accountant to define and shape the high and medium level functional and non-functional direction of our software so that it is both functionally rich and commercially successful.
- As a primary accounting SME, spearheading the development of multiple and varied key technical areas of the accounting solution (e.g. the Moody’s Illustrative Chart of Accounts). This will involve liaison with not only the non-accountant SMEs but also the wider software development team. Ultimately, these activities will lead to you having a deep and holistic understanding of the IFRS 17 standard.
- Further, helping to develop the infrastructure and the processes that will ultimately be required to operate the software to ensure that they are efficient and controlled.
- Representing the accounting function in wider discussions over the direction of the software and the prioritisation of the development road map.
- Explaining Risk Integrity IFRS 17 in detail to others, including to support implementation and sales cycles, as expanded upon below.
- Supporting Implementation and Sales Cycles (c30%)
- As an accounting SME, you will present a knowledgeable and respected voice and use your skills to explain our solution to our clients, understand their technical needs and then help them solve practical problems.
- Creating and delivering customer presentations and product demonstrations, including answering technical questions as the SME
- Supporting Trials
- Assisting in, or advising on, Proof of Concepts
- Case studies
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate:
- Experience within the insurance industry
- Have an excellent, practitioner level understanding of accounting systems, processes and their outputs and how they are used in, and by, insurance companies
- Have a good understanding of IFRS 17 (or other financial reporting process) requirements, analysis and methodologies
- Be customer focused with and recognize that the customer’s success is what matters
- Must have good insurance technical skills, and ideally be an accountant
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be flexible when communicating and working with others from different professional backgrounds
- Must be comfortable in demonstrating and promoting software solutions and associated services
- Be familiar with software industry
- Have the ability to build relationships at all levels with clients/prospects and the internal organization
- Possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be hands-on, going the extra-miles
- Operate relatively autonomously
- Have a strong work ethic, and be professional and personable
- Professional accounting qualification
- Significant post qualified experience (5 years plus) in the insurance reporting arena
- Demonstrable experience related to IFRS 17 would be an advantage