Accounting Manager – FA&SPP
This role is to ensure accuracy, completeness of fixed asset and spare parts inventory to ensure timely, accurate record of assets declaration, right category, and right approval per company policies and procedures for asset transfer/write-off/disposal/adjustment... and partnership with operation team for various matters (Capex classification/Capex and Repair and Maintenance expenditure control).
SME in FA&SPP: Control Lead role to strengthen controls, improve efficiency and eliminate redundant tasks/efforts
1.Financial Control, Asset Stewardship and Business Partnership
- Review for FA/SPP write-off/adjustment/disposal in compliance with company policies and procedures and via that to enhance internal control system to better minimize loss to business.
- Review physical count report of FA/SPP and drive control to be better in daily in order to minimize the physical count ad-hoc variance
- Monitor controls to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of key controls in FA/SPP process (such as asset declaration, SPP receipt, asset transfer, disposal, asset labelling and idle asset review, etc.)
- Being able to see the inconsistency among locations and take responsibility to standardize the practice among locations
- Review tracking spending for R&M for 5 plants vs. AOP/latest forecast and review R&M spending in most efficient and effective for company. Monitor and ensure timeliness and accuracy of the R&M rolling forecast 3 months. Ensure no surprise over-budget without out-of-AOP approval in advance.
- Review and enhance internal control system based on understanding of functional process streams and ability to assess risks and provide recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Review consolidate budget R&M for 5 plants before submission to management.
- Understanding of components, underlying data sources and process flows for current system. Effectively utilize information systems to drive efficiency and leverage information.
- Drive for GCS compliance in FA/SPP and consistency among locations
- Research and advise to departments to resolve cases in Operations (Capex/Opex reclassification, Capex recognition timing and Capex write-off when new investment happens)
- Perform GEMBA (plant visit); raise up with solution for correction action
2. Financial Reporting
- Working with Snr. Accountant to ensure closing of FA module at MEC smoothly and accurately per timeline of PTR per local book
- Review MEC reports related to FA per local book and delivery of PTR reports accurately and timely ((FAR/CIP/Capex Spending/Retirement/etc…)
- Conduct BSR review related to FA section with analyzing financial reports and results as well as variances within accounts.
- Provide P&L trend detail analysis for accounts related to Fixed asset and R&M cost based on based on understanding of key drivers and metrics of fixed asset and spare parts management process based on in-depth knowledge of key SPVB P&L lines and elements within each line
3. Financial Transaction Processing
- Participate, contribute ideas and driving for ideas implementation in project kick-off, project implementation (such as SOP implementation/new software impacting to controls to improve the accuracy, timeliness and cost effectiveness of financial transactions processing and reporting, focusing on increasing automatic process and automatic control.
- Implement policies and procedures for FA&SPP that support efficient, well-controlled financial transaction processing systems and which are responsive to the needs of customers, suppliers and internal partners.
4. Tax and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with all local and corporate statutory laws, rules and regulations.
- Identify and support implementation of Tax saving initiatives in locations under supervision.
5. Develop self and others
- Implement 2 way communication and provide coaching to direct report on technical accounting, SPVB policies and controls through knowledge/ best practice sharing, rotation and training.
- University graduate, major in Accounting & at least 4 years experience in similar roles
- Strong technical understanding and knowledge including accounting standard, tax, legislation, company policy and procedures.
- Strong system knowledge and fluent usage of ERP system
- Good Excel and other Microsoft Office Skill (e.g Pivot Table, charts, Dashboard, PowerPoint)
- Good communication, problem solving & influencing skill
- Ability to work under time pressure, work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn and improve effectiveness in daily operation
- High integrity and acting with due diligence
Working Location: Hoc Mon Plant, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Contact our recruiter: email@example.com
Apply for Accounting Manager – FA&SPP
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly