The opportunity to join as an Accounts Assistant in a role offering great flexibility and gain exposure in a varied role. This role will involve training however does need someone with a good grounding with the ability to assist across varying sectors of the company.
My client is a reputable company that is well established within the local Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain market. They are present throughout the entirety of Europe and have a presence in intercontinental markets and partner with recognised brands. Based just outside Bedford, they is an easy commute for anyone located in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Luton or the surrounding area with free parking on-site.
Accounts Assistant duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Processing journals
- Managing company ledgers
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Support the Management Accounts team in year-end and month end procedures
- Processing expenses
- Assisting with VAT returns
Desired experience and skill set for this Accounts Assistant role:
- Capable of working using own initiative to anticipate and resolve invoicing issues
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Locally based to Bedford with your own transport
- Strong Excel skills to include pivot tables and vlookups
- Flexible team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment to strict deadlines
- Desire to improve processes and commit to the role for the next 2-3 years
The opportunity to join a prominent organisation within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain industry that is financially strong and looking to invest in talent to develop. Alongside the competitive salary for the role there are a number of benefits that are on offer for members of the Finance Team.