Assistant Financial Controller, Mortgages
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Financial Control is responsible for delivering inputs into statutory, management, regulatory, and external reporting, ensuring the right controls are in place.
The Retail Ireland Financial Control team takes lead responsibility in ensuring that financial information is delivered to senior stakeholders across the ROI Division on a timely basis, and to high standards of accuracy. Working closely with the Finance Business Partner team, our role is to ensure there is a continued focus on service excellence by providing commercially insightful analysis of the Division's financial performance.
Purpose of the Role
The Assistant Financial Controller - Mortgages role is an excellent opportunity to work with the Mortgages Financial Controller to support the successful delivery of the statutory and regulatory reporting requirements of one of the Group's significant subsidiaries, Bank of Ireland Mortgage Bank, alongside Group reporting deliverables. The role offers a great opportunity to gain exposure to and an understanding of the Mortgages business, a key driver of the Retail Ireland division.
- To support the Financial Controller in ensuring the accuracy of the General Ledger for the ROI Mortgages business and ensuring that all processes and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice;
- Work with the team to deliver the month-end P&L and BS for ROI Mortgages, and production of all related MI;
- Act as financial control key point of contact for debt instruments issuances & derivative activity on the Retail ROI Balance Sheet;
- Contribute to the preparation of Statutory and FinRep information for onward inclusion in the Group/BOIMB Accounts and Finrep reporting, and support the annual statutory audit process;
- Interact with colleagues across Finance Services to ensure best practice in all areas of the role;
- To support the Financial Controller - Mortgages& Senior Financial Controller - Consumer by providing financial and analytical support for on-going business initiatives (projects, semi-annual EIR deliverables, etc.) and ad-hoc requests as required;
- Contribute to continued process improvement & knowledge sharing, as part of the overall team goal of simplifying processes;
- To take personal responsibility for your own continuous development by broadening and developing your skills and capabilities.
What is the opportunity
To support the review and reporting of the Retail ROI Mortgage portfolio; maintaining robust controls and accurate outputs for all accounting processes, and developing key skills for data analysis and presentation
A qualified accountant with a solid understanding of Retail Banking;
Essential Skills & Experience
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work on own initiative and manage competing priorities to tight reporting deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively influence and work collaboratively with key stakeholders;
- Ability to resolve issues, challenge and make decisions independently within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with others, in a positive and constructive way;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of financial accounting and reporting
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
- One Group One Team - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Amplifies Capability - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 05, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.