Finance and Management Accountant, Legal & General Affordable Homes
The role holder will report to the Financial Controller and will work alongside the finance team to ensure the successful establishment of the business and timely occupation of homes that have been handed over to the property manager. Activities will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts and MI including variance analysis and commentary
- Assisting with the preparation of financial planning including business plans and budgets
- Preparation of UK statutory accounts to ensure compliance with Housing SORP 2014
- Assisting with the preparation of Group financial reporting on a quarterly basis
- Ownership of accounting ledgers and reconciliations
- Preparation of reporting to meet other compliance obligations including VAT returns, CIS returns etc.
- Support Financial Operations including accounts payable and receivable
- Assist with preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts and work with Group Treasury to manage the cash flow requirement through funding requests
- Assist with relevant tax and regulatory reporting
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
Qualifications, Track Record, Experience and Skills:
- Qualified accountant or by relevant experience
- Track record
- Broad financial experience (reporting, accounting, planning)
- An understanding of the corporate environment and ability to work to Group deadlines
- Affordable Housing / Registered Provider experience and knowledge of Housing SORP 2014
- An ability to work in a start–up environment and establish processes and controls
- An attention to detail
- Excellent IT and presentation skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead – for further information.
Please note applications can only be made online via the portal –