7 days left
- Part time
- Reporting into the CFO the Financial Controller will have one direct report and the candidate will be commercially and technically astute.
The role will be responsible for all financial planning, budgeting, group reporting, accounting for reserves, tax and cash flow management for a private equity backed business.
An SME Insurance Financial Services business based near Newport, the company has grown over the last 9 years and has a European client base with an international subsidiary. Company size of circa 50.
The Financial Controller will be repsonsible for:
- Preparing accurate timely monthly financial information covering all companies in the group, for the Chief Financial Officer for presentation to the Board and External Stakeholders
- Oversee publishing of individual and consolidated statutory accounts under both UK GAPP and IFRS accounting standards.
- Management and preparation of budgeting and forecasting including targeting and monitoring.
- Oversee the Accounting Department which is expected to grow with the company.
- All tax reporting for the group including subsidiary
- Coordinate the annual statutory audits for all companies in the group
- Regulatory reporting
- Maintain a system of control over accounting and reporting.
- Responsibility for all intercompany accounting under the relevant tax authorities.
- Evaluate and manage financial risks.
- Responsibility for balance sheet reserve accounting
- Required to work closely with senior managers and other stakeholders on ad hoc projects
The successful Financial Controller will have:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with a least 3 years post qualification experience, preferably degree qualified
- Experience in a private equity backed business preferred.
- Group and intercompany experience would be highly beneficial
- Up-to-date technical skills and confident working knowledge of both IFRS and UK GAPP
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills is required together with proven leadership capabilities.
- Ability to work closely with external advisers
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
- The Financial Controller will have the opportunity to grow and develop as the group matures and expands its portfolio
The full time permanent position offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical Health care
- Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank