Finance Manager - General Accounting
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, We are Coke Canada.
We are a family business that unites more than 6,000 employees working together to support one another, our customers, consumers and our communities. Our heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing Coca-Cola brand products, and other allied brands in Canada runs more than 120-years deep!
We are the face of Coca-Cola and its Partner Brands to Canadians. We produce and deliver the beverages and experiences that delight them at every occasion in their life. We are the bottler for an entire nation with a vision and commitment to becoming “the greatest” in our industry.
About our People
We believe our people are the DNA of our organization. With an unwavering commitment to do their best every day, we also share values which define how we work:
- Safety First - For all of us safety is non-negotiable and must come first.
- Integrity - We nurture trust and keep our word.
- Accountability - We all take ownership and responsibility for our actions and the parts of the business that we impact.
- Quality – We focus on quality in every aspect of our business. Our products refresh families across Canada, including our own, so we work to deliver the best for them, every time.
- Entrepreneurial – A mind set of being results focused, sharing improvements & innovations towards a better future.
If you often find yourself saying “this can be done” or are often questioning “is there a better way?” then Coke Canada has opportunities that will encourage you and your teams to step forward. We offer a variety of opportunities that will enable you to develop your skills, challenge yourself and progress your career.
About This Opportunity
The Finance Manager – General Accounting role provides financial accounting expertise, financial reporting and analysis, technical accounting guidance, audit support and other controllership activities. The position may prepare and/or review account reconciliations and prepares account analyses and financial reports. Included are financial statements, monthly operating reports, quarterly and year-end internal/external reporting packages, and government surveys.
- Lead period closing, analysis, reporting and support for accounting transactions and processes including ensuring the timeliness, accuracy, integrity and quality of the accounting performed
- Coordinate accounting issues with business unit finance, internal control other departments and auditors
- Ensure accounting and reporting follows the Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises and the Coca-Cola Canada Bottling’s policy and requirements
- Provide leadership of internal organization with capability to deliver against strategic objectives
- Lead and develop a team that provides financial and analytical support for these areas to external and internal stakeholders, including auditors.
- Special Projects and Additional Reporting as Needed
What you will need to succeed in this role
- Accounting designation and Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in accounting and financial analysis
- Expertise in maintaining compliant internal controls environment
- Strong understanding of finance business processes and accounting policies/GAAP
- Proficient in SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills