Business Analyst IS
As our region flourishes it is our priority to support our economy, customers and communities; driving sustainable growth and building resilience across our services. We recently announced plans to invest GBP6.5 billion to protect our regions water supplies over the coming years.
Our IS team is currently undergoing a transformation which will enhance the services it delivers and ensure they are best positioned to play a proactive and value orientated role across our business.
Our goal is to exceed customer expectations whilst embracing new technology to drive digital transformation; better connecting our customers, people, assets and information.What will you be doing?
To help us complete exciting and innovative projects and day–to–day to activities, we are looking for a Business Analyst to be responsible for the management and clarification of project requirements. Collating analysis and validating and documenting business, technical organisational and operational requirements, you'll bridge the gap between users, stakeholders and the solution team by translating technical requirements into understandable language and activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Through participation in workshops, gain an understanding of non– functional requirements.
- Work cross– functionally to gather requirements and resolve issues.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation.
- Contribute to enterprise architecture development from a business needs perspective.
- Capture and identify the performance, scalability, security and usability requirements.
- Define what the system, process or product/ service must do in order to fulfil the business requirements.
- Review and analysis of current working practices to identify the business requirements.
As our next Business Analyst, we are looking for you to have knowledge of Prince 2 and ITIL methodologies to compliment your experience of process mapping and business process re– engineering. With a thorough understanding of the legal implications of data management, you'll be comfortable using SAP and performing Business Analysis.
Comfortable capturing and defining requirements, you'll have experience of cross process working in IT project Environments. You'll be resilient and tenacious in completing tasks and work in a highly organised and methodical manner to deliver the best results to the business.
If this tremendous Business Analyst opportunity appeals to you, please apply today!What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are offered a job with us, you'll be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre–employment checks.
Due to the nature of this role, you'll have the opportunity to work from home on occasion. There is also the ability to work from one of our other offices / sites on occasion.Closing date: 30 May 2019Interview dates: Early June 2019