The Cost Accountant will be responsible for providing advanced accounting skills focusing on end–of–month, end–of–quarter and end–of–year accounting resolution tasks. This position will be responsible for developing cost–benefit ratios based on our operations to help drive our product line and will be responsible for setting strict regulation over the cost of materials, supplies, machinery, shipping and other processes for the company.
The position reports to the Financial Controller and works closely with the other personnel in the department. The Cost Accountant will assist on multiple team projects and requirements and assist with all aspects of accounting and finance as needed.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Asist in establish standard costs and update them as appropriate
- Manage and monitor inventory levels at various stages.
- Monitoring inventory transaction in the general ledger
- Analyze COGS costs, and create cost–benefit analyses for various vendors
- Prepare monthly and quarterly cost analysis reports
- Assist the Accounting team with suggesting changes to policies or procedures to increase cash flow, reduce and optimize costs.
- Bachelor's degree in Accountingor related field
- Experience in cost accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong analytical and problem–solving skills with the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Demonstrates a solid work ethic, exhibiting professional and acceptable behaviors at all time
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High level math skills and the ability to translate mathematical information into concise reports