Head of Finance
Head of Finance
We are currently looking to recruit a highly experienced Head of Finance to join our rapidly growing client based in Watford.
This role will report directly to the CFO and will be supporting the day to day operations of the company. This is a key role in the team and someone with experience of working within a growing SME would be desired. It goes without saying that the successful candidate will therefore need to possess strong financial systems, process know how and communication skills.
Key competencies required:
We're looking for a natural self–starter and that has a rounded background in finance, including financial accounts, year–end and audit along with a commercial outlook. You will be working through developing systems and change, plus communicating to the wider business. Experience is just as important as qualifications in this role.
- Overseeing and development of a small team
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of year end accounts file
- Audit management and liaison
- Review and approval of the statutory accounts and tax computation prepared by auditors
- Payment runs
- Processing monthly foreign exchange deals
- Bank, credit card and petty cash posting and reconciliation
- Monthly cash flow reconciliation of our main bank account
- Detailed monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Sales ledger and Purchase ledger control
- eg KPI reporting
- Ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensuring credit control targets are achieved
- Balance sheet control accounts
The ideal candidate will have the following skills;
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Proven ability to effectively interact with people at all levels including stakeholders
- Proactive, flexible can do mind–set
An excellent package up to GBP80,000 plus bonus will be paid to the right candidate.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity