Semi Senior Business Advisor
You will be responsible for preparing accounts from source records under supervision (management accounts and statutory accounts), for a variety of clients including limited companies, partnerships and charities. You will also have a good working knowledge of wider financial matters such as the preparation of VAT returns, tax computations, financial disclosure checklists for a variety of clients.
Our client is an international professional services firm that has a focus on the goals and aims of private companies and their owners. Using their globally developed brand and approach they seek to understand where the business is today and where it wants to be in the future.
You will be expected to interpret financial data, present ideas and make recommendations to clients as well as identify business opportunities and develop the ability to introduce other services to our client base.
* Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
* Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes.
* Prepare VAT returns
* Using Caseware produce statutory accounts for review for a variety of clients including those reporting under UK GAAP and IFRS
* Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
* Ability to interpret financial data, proactively present ideas and make recommendations to clients
* Work as part of a team to provide rounded accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
* Ability to identify opportunities for other service lines
* Visit client sites when necessary
* Updates manager regularly with progress reports and delivers work accurately and promptly
* Efficiently delivers service in order to ensure best value for the client whilst maintaining quality
* Has an up to date LinkedIn profile
* Actively develops a network of professional contacts and attends relevant events
* AAT qualified
* Wanting to start studying ACCA
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
* Knowledge of accounting packages (Xero, Quickbooks)
* Well organised and planned
* Committed to delivering what is requested and informs superiors of any issues at a early stage
* Has strong time keeping discipline
* Listens to and acts on the advice of others
* Proactive in managing own learning and development and knowledge sharing with the team
* Is open to feedback from others
* Supports junior members of the team as appropriate
Chance to work for a growing and ambitious team in a Top Ten practice.
Competitive package and benefit
If you would like further information call:
0121 634 6920