Group Hedge Accounting Analyst
Global Markets (GM) is part of the Markets and Treasury division (M&T) of the Bank of Ireland Group. GM has a full dealing capacity out of in Dublin, Belfast, London and Stamford. It provides a comprehensive range of treasury products and services and uses innovative treasury techniques to develop solutions, customised to client requirements. M&T is a fast moving dynamic environment reflecting changes in global events and markets.
The Group hedge accounting team is part of the GM Finance Team, which in turn comprises other areas including the Valuations team, the financial control team and the Income Support Unit.
The Group Hedge Accounting team is responsible for minimising volatility both in the Group as well individual companies' Income Statement, arising from the Group's economic market risk hedging by applying either accounting matching/offsetting techniques or hedge accounting. The Group Hedge Accounting Team also produces various MI reports for senior management and Group Finance. The team liaises closely with the GM Financial Control to assist with the production of financial accounts and hedge accounting disclosures. The Team also ensures adherence to Group policies as well as internal audit and Internal Financial Controls (IFC) requirements.
The Group Hedge Accounting analysis is responsible for preparing daily open risk analysis reports as well as delivering and maintaining accounting solutions aimed at minimising volatility both in the Group's and individual companies' income statements, arising from the Group's economic market risk hedging activities. This is achieved by the application of either natural accounting matching/offsetting techniques or hedge accounting with the latter encompassing cash flow and fair value hedging both on a micro and macro (i.e. portfolio) basis.
- Daily analysis and reporting of the amount and sensitivity of non-hedge accounted derivatives arising from current business activity.
- Proposing and assessing strategies for optimal accounting risk management for review and approval by the Group Hedge Accounting Manager
- Setting up hedge accounting strategies on the treasury systems and preparing the required hedge documentation for both micro and macro fair value and cash flow hedges while ensuring full compliance with the applicable accounting standards.
- Producing monthly hedge accounting numbers and quarterly senior management information as well as supporting the financial control team with the production of financial accounts and hedge accounting disclosures for regulatory Financial Reporting (FINREP) and statutory accounts.
- Preparing and presenting quarterly hedge accounting reports and papers to senior management.
- A recognised bachelor's degree
- Part qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and/or experience gained in areas of accounting and valuation of financial instruments
- Strong numeric and analytical skills with extensive Excel experience
- Attention to detail and service quality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver to tight time deadlines
- Keen interest and knowledge in Capital Markets and Treasury activities (Financial products, derivatives, debt instruments)
Closing date: Jun 05, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.