UI Business Analyst
5 days left
- Full time
The Business Analyst will be a part of an impactful connected team, working with the Finance Advisors and Managers, Business Interface Manager and business contacts to address scenarios and specific business challenges. The Business Analyst will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of timely and accurate management information to key stakeholders, provide analysis to challenge the status quo, data analytics and business insights, working collaboratively as an equal to influence the value drivers for that business and to support decision making. The role will have a mix of deliverables between delivery of management information and business partnering.
The Business Analyst GPA will be aligned with the operational goals of the business they support, as well as the Finance Operations R&A goals. They will be an integral part of the appropriate Finance team to translate the Business agenda into the Finance Operations R&A context.
This role will have specific accountabilities to support Shell Malaysia Wells/P&T team. These include but are not limited to:
a) Key responsibilities:
- Provide business finance support to specific area assigned
- Support planning, target setting & budgeting/latest estimate activities
- Maintain a controlled environment, aimed at achieving business objectives, providing timely, fit for purpose, objective and transparent management and financial information
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Business and establish a working environment where you can work closely across the wider Finance team to ensure alignment of objectives
- Manage operational deliveries including developing and sustaining knowledge retention with effective back up plan in place
- Perform monthly closing activities including review of time writing, SE accruals, manual accruals.
- First level analysis & ad hoc queries to support requests from the Business, Finance Onshore, JV Partners & multiple FO stakeholders.
- Control ownership and maintenance of robust Controls framework through driving high control awareness within the team together with strong emphasis on effective control operation at every execution.
- Provide functional support or input to Business/Line in their day-to-day running of operations, including raising of invoices/recoveries, follow-up on long outstanding accruals, etc.
- Resolve and escalate issues timely and effectively
- Keeps abreast of accounting and business developments as well as business performance drivers
- Demonstrates full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviours.
c) Stakeholder Management:
- Multiple onshore stakeholders, Business and Finance on a largely virtual basis
- Internal FO cross processes accountability of influencing and managing end to end closing and reporting deliverable needs & operational effectiveness.
- Collaboration with technical experts in Controllers, Asset, Business Finance, Tax, Treasury etc. which in turn translates to effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Group Reporting & BPR linkages and deliverables.
- Manage SIA (Internal Audit), External Audit, JV audit requirements and support
- Provide expertise and financial advice to Business/Line supported, including participation in training workshops, Deep-dive sessions with the Business, etc.
d) Project/Time Management:
- Delivers assigned migration activities and ensures optimization of activity execution and resources.
- Actively problem solves, understanding the big picture, planning their work and working as part of the Finance team.
e) Process Improvements:
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes, effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist other team members in completing process reviews and redesign opportunities
- Promote continuous improvement environment. Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost effective manner while achieving the business objective.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.