Finance Manager - New York
Position: Finance Manager
We have an immediate need for a Finance Manager. This important role will manage two analysts. This is an exciting opportunity to not only join, but influence a growing, international company. We are a mid–size division of a global consumer goods company based in White Plains.
The Finance Manager will partner with the Head of Finance and the leadership team to assist the business in achieving short and long term financial goals. This individual will be a key asset to the future success of the company and will set up the Finance Department to ensure future financial success.
The Finance Manager will report directly to the Head of Finance, but will work closely with the division GM and other leadership team members. In addition, this individual will work closely with our headquarters for reporting requirements and ad–hoc needs.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead monthly finance review with leadership team.
- Lead annual budgeting process and quarterly updates.
- Manage treasury services including bank partnerships and lines of credit.
- Manage all fixed asset proposals, implementation, and ongoing needs.
- Identify and communicate key performance indicators.
- Partner with product team to approve all new products.
- Partner with sales team to manage all sales support, including returns, discounts, and co–op support.
- Partner with supply chain to help maximize profitability and efficiency.
- Partner with IT department to better utilize technology systems.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience. CPA designation not preferred. This is an analytical leader who needs to consider the pros and cons of decisions, not manage debits and credits.
- Minimum eight years' experience in an analytical role, preferably in a branded consumer goods, distribution, and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP systems a must, preferably implementing new systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (analysis) and PowerPoint (presentation) required.
- Strong communication skills as this person will partner with the leadership team and drive profitable growth.
- Ability to build and manage strong, collaborative working relationships and carry high credibility with senior leaders.
- Must thrive under pressure and manage multiple projects and priorities in and hands–on manner while being resourceful and innovative at tackling challenges timely.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast–paced, flexible and high growth environment.
- Sound organizational skills: planning, expediting, prioritizing and multi–tasking.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and quality outcomes.
- Superior time and project management skills.
- Professional attitude and ability to be flexible and deal with change.