Head of Finance
We're looking for someone who wants to be an important part of something big, something epic...
WHO IS GROWTH ENGINEERING?
Growth Engineering is on a mission to Wage War on Dull Online Learning and to unleash the learner's inner superhero by creating, building and delivering SaaS learning solutions to the largest and most innovative companies and organisations in the world.
To create learning technologies that inspire an ever–growing, unstoppable worldwide community of highly–engaged learning superheroes supercharging performance through gamification, social learning and epic meaning.
We have ambitious growth targets and how we get there is governed by the values that are core to the company culture, after all, the journey is as important as the destination!
We have 3 core values that all our superhero team members display in their daily behaviour:
Superheroes can do it by themselves, but they're more powerful as part of a team. Even Ironman needs assistance from the Avengers from time to time.
- Help your fellow Growth Engineering superheroes to flourish
- Actively foster a supportive work environment and team spirit
- Be honest and open, no matter the circumstances
Superheroes are never dull. They've got bright suits, flashy gadgets and they're always off on awesome adventures. Brandish your very own Bland Blaster and banish boring forevermore!
- Be ambitious, fly higher, reach for more
- Nurture a restlessly creative spirit driven by a love of innovation
- Demonstrate resilience and resourcefulness
As superheroes we never act in any way that would make us evil villains. We are vigilant, mindful and act with boundless professionalism and integrity.
- Never stop learning, growing and embrace change
- Love what you do and be passionate
- Champion the customer and focus on the learner
- We are looking for individuals who are willing to take on challenges and make a difference.
The Head of Finance role is responsible for the overall financial management and finance reporting for GE. This role will ensure the ongoing viability and a secure financial future in line with the organisation's mission and values. We require a qualified management accountant with a keen commercial sense, passionate commitment to the vision and control of the finance department. This role will provide financial advice to the CEO, the Board and management team, while developing and maintaining financial strategies.
You will be responsible for the preparation of management and rolling accounts, business analysis and management report information, while maintaining close links and a strong working relationship with the CEO. You will be a proactive team player who can demonstrate initiative with excellent organisational, team management and communication skills.
This is a part time position
- To provide an accurate and timely financial information including monitoring rolling budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice and support to inform decision making at all levels
- To ensure that the CEO is appraised for key financial issues that need to be discussed with the Board to enable them to fully understand the financial position of GE
- To review and ensure appropriate overall performance reporting to the CEO
- To support the CEO in the creation of financial plans
- To work with the office team to develop finance policies and procedures and ensure that these are being consistently followed, including customer and supplier contracts, purchase orders, credit control and ensuring timely invoicing by suppliers
- To ensure monthly budgets and management accounts accurately reflect the business activity, that accruals and other adjustments are being made correctly, that variances from budget and other issues are investigated and resolved
- Preparation of key account profitability reports on a monthly basis
- Line management of two finance reports
- Attend weekly management meetings and all hands meetings
- Management and accountability of Golden Numbers
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in working with SMEs and in a tech company and/or with recurring revenue and revenue recognition businesses
- Experience in working with consolidating accounts from group companies
- In–depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands–on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft programmes
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision–making skills
- Leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- CIMA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial information and to prepare and present reports in a thorough and confident manner to explain matters to a diverse set of users.
- Ability to produce concise reports for management
- Proven experience in successfully managing and developing a small finance team.
- Ability to prioritise activities and communicate challenges with suggested solutions in order to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of accounting for pensions, payroll and VAT
Personal role requirements
- A passion and deep respect for THE detail
- An excellent knowledge of Excel
- Superb upward communication and people management skills
- Experience working on an owner manager business
- Commitment to deliver the projects on time all the time.
- Highly organised and structured approach
- Strong problem solving and decision–making capability
- Display GE's competencies – adaptability, teamwork, accountability, reliability and initiative
- Relate to GE values
- Individual who works on their own initiative to identify and resolve issues to improve the organisation.
- The role holder will thrive on being completer finisher, demonstrate a commercial acumen and have strong Interpersonal skills.